8/1/07

Upside Down Day Summer Day

4Th of July, 2007. On the drive to the Rexburg parade, I remembered how melancholy Kristin had sounded the night before. I called and asked her to go pull Anona out of her cave (she had vowed to stay in and study all day) and meet me at the park. We ate until we were sick. Then, we bought balloon hats, knowing it would be impossible to stay sad wearing balloons. They gave me a "snake hat" (I didn't fire them) and a horse made out of brown balloons. Good day. Good company. Good memory.

3 comments:

E. Anona said...

Oh Sister Morgan. The memories of drowning our sorry-drama lives in greasy food and balloon hats will forever live in my heart. I'm feeling so underwhelmed right now (as Travis would say); Why can't there ever be a balance in life between insanely busy and not enough to do to stay sane? I guess you take the perfect days where you can get them. Like that July 4th this year...

S.Morgan said...

I agree. It was a good day. We have to take them where they come and hang onto those sweet memories of peaceful summer days to take out and look at when the hours drag, and we feel like we're walking through thick weeds. I'm not sure we get balanced paths until the other side (I'm going to ask why),so we learn to let go and roll with it. Draw me a picture. Write me a silly poem. Send me a photo of sagebrush.

Kristen said...

I must say, that was one of my favorite days of this summer. You magically have the blessing (or curse) of being adopted mother to your assistants. I don't know how you do it, Sis. Morgan.